Thursday, May 3, 2007

West Africa Idol

My friend emailed me a clip of West Africa Idol and I haven't stopped laughing since. I've been looking for clips ever since she told me about it but now I see there's a couple up on youtube, anyway enjoy... I'm told this only the half of it...



The show which kicked off in February was open to contestants from - Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d'Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.

It follows the same format as our Idol and the judges are: DEDE MABIAKU a Nigerian musician, protégé and member of Fela Kuti's band; ABREWA NANA a household Ghanaian name and first female 'hip-life' artist; and DAN FOSTER a prominent Nigerian radio personality.

But the stories are very much different...



This young lady, Jerrilyn Mulbah, is still in it and it's at the final 5 stage now... you go girl!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

NIGERIA LATEST NEWS ON
http://www.niger1.com/nigeria.html
moub21@gmail.com