Monday, April 16, 2007

London Underground

My friend told me about this clip a while ago but I've only now just seen it and I had to share it.

Some guy skis down the escalators in Angel station, which the clip claims is the longest in Europe...



Crazy I know but there are some unanswered questions: What part of the escalator is the dude skiing on? (you have to call all extreme sport competitors 'dude') How does he stop himself when he gets to the bottom? And why didn't he get someone to record him as he was coming down? Wouldn't that have been a much better shot?

And on the point of the underground and being late on things... on the 4th April more than 4,000 clubbers converged on Victoria station to participate in a flash mob stunt.

The trend which kicked off in America in 2003 uses the internet to bring large groups of people together in a single place to perform a bizarre act before disappearing.

On that day the crowd gathered at Victoria station with mp3 players in hand and aim to dance the night away. At a set time (6.53pm of all odd times) the revellers began to dance silently but wildly to their own music...





These events are unofficial and set up on the net through e-bulletins so commuters on their way home had to fight their way through the crowds to get to their platforms. The rave went on for about two hours until police came to disperse the crowds.

I need to get on their mailing list... I wanna know when the next event is so I can go down and do the same ol' two step with a lil twist.

No comments: